Medication Therapy Management
If you’re in a Medicare drug plan and have complex health needs, you may be able to participate in a Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program. MTM is a service offered by Prominence Health Plan at no additional cost to you! The MTM program is required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and is not considered a benefit. This program helps you and your doctor make sure your medications are working. It also helps us identify and alleviate possible medication problems.
To qualify for Prominence Health Plan’s MTM program, you must meet all the following criteria set forth in part by CMS. These criteria are used to identify people who have multiple chronic diseases and are at risk for medication-related problems.
- Have at least three of the following conditions or diseases:
- Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
- Respiratory Disease — Asthma
- Respiratory Disease —Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Bone Disease — Rheumatoid Arthritis (in 2019)
- Take at least eight covered Part D medications
- Are likely to have medication costs of covered Part D medications greater than $3,967 per year in 2018 ($4,044 in 2019)
If you meet all the criteria, we will send you a letter inviting you to participate in the program and information about the program, including how to enroll. Your enrollment in MTM is voluntary and does not affect Medicare coverage for drugs covered under Medicare.
Clinical Review of Medications
To help reduce the risk of possible medication problems, the MTM program offers two types of clinical review of your medications:
- Targeted medication review (TMR) — At least quarterly, we will review all your prescription medications and contact you and/or your doctor by phone or mail if we detect a potential problem.
- Comprehensive medication review (CMR) — At least once a year, we offer a free discussion and review of all your medications by a pharmacist or other health professional to help you use your medications safely. This review is provided to you confidentially via telephone by SinfoníaRx. The primary method of CMR completion will be via telephone, however, CMRs may also be completed via telehealth or face-to-face. These services are provided on behalf of Prominence Health Plan. This review requires about 30 minutes of your time. Following the review, you will receive a written summary of the call, which you can take with you when you talk with your doctors. This summary includes a:
- Medication Action Plan (MAP), which has steps you should take to help you get the best results from your medications
- Personal Medication List (PML), which will help you keep track of your medications and how to use them the right way
If you take many medications for more than one chronic health condition, contact your drug plan to see if you are eligible for MTM. For more information, please contact customer service at 844-587-7389.
Last update 9/26/2018